Introduction of Charles Jordan - Dr. J to some students
My name is Charles Jordan. I want to introduce myself to you as a skeptic about the reality portrayed by many public entities like the press and a critic motivated by scientific logic. I also am worried about the health of science in our culture and the state of education. I was honored with a Phi Beta Kappa at the University of Texas where I was one of 20 outstanding students my senior year. I earned a PhD at Columbia University and was on a Nobel Prize winning experiment on deep inelastic scattering which is credited as the discovery of the quark, however indirectly. I only mention these things to justify speaking out on scientific studies. I have also started up tech-based businesses and run a robotics research and development company for a Japanese company.
I am interested in the following problems which have been solved by politicians and the media, helped along by some well meaning environmentalists and scientists looking for exposure in the dog-eat-dog world of grant writing.
1. Climate change
2. Ozone hole
3. Danger of radioactivity
4. Breast implants
5. Democracy
6. God and suffering.
7. Carbon trading
8. etc.
I have also been involved in the music scene for many years, opera, art song, musicals and the like as well as acting, playing the piano, arranging music and blowing the trombone. The interaction of science and art in describing reality is another favorite subject of mine.
Please feel free to post onto this blog anything you want or just respond to my simple suggestions.
Hope to get to know you better as time goes on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home